BREASTFEEDING - LACTATION - INFANT APPETITE
- LEAF411 does NOT promote or suggest using cannabis while pregnant or breastfeeding due to no concrete studies on either side as of yet. Positive THC screens can lead to legal issues with Department of Child Protective Services, Obstetricians, hospital protocols, etc. Leaf411 nurses will always guide our callers to speak to a physician if contemplating use and to the support links for additional resources.
- Cannabinoids, like those found in marijuana, occur naturally in human breast milk (news-2012) http://www.naturalnews.com/036526_cannabinoids_breast_milk_THC.html
- The Common Link Between Breast Milk, Cannabis and Tea (news–2014) http://theleafonline.com/c/science/2014/04/the-common-link-between-breast-milk-cannabis-and-tea/
- 8 things you didn’t know about hemp (news-2015)
- Researchers develop new method to detect cannabinoids in breast milk (news–2017)
- Cannabis and Breastfeeding. The Facts (news–2017) https://sapiensoup.com/cannabis-breastfeeding
- Minuscule Amounts of THC Found in Breast Milk – Is it Harmful? (news–2018)