ROUTES OF ADMINISTRATION - INHALERS:
- Leaf411's Vaping Position Statement:
• Never purchase or inhale concentrates that contain additives such as Vitamin E acetate, polyethylene glycol (PEG), propylene glycol (PG), coconut oil, MCT oil, or any other emulsifiers or synthetic agents. Coconut and MCT oil are proven safe to eat but not safe to inhale.
• Vaporize product that is as close to nature as possible, e.g., organic raw flower or concentrates without additives including additional high concentrations of terpenoids (terpenes). The cannabis plant in nature contains approximately 5-10% max of terpenoids which is the maximum that should be added back in the concentrate if used. More than 10% of terpenoids as additives have not been tested for safe inhalation consumption.
• Ask your dispensary for a certificate of analysis (COA) on any product you wish to purchase to review the cannabinoid profile, pesticide testing, etc.
• Read all labels before purchasing and ask questions on ingredients listed.
• Ask your dispensary bud-tender to review the vape device materials of construction with you before purchasing, e.g., does the device have plastic near the heating element? Where was it manufactured? Is the plastic pharmaceutical grade? etc.
• Purchase cannabis products only through state-licensed cannabis retailers or licensed delivery services.
• Never purchase products sold through an illicit (black) market or from any non-licensed dispensary or delivery service. These products are likely not tested and can be easily counterfeited.
- PUFFiT Portable Inhaler Vaporizer Review (news/ad–2013) http://azmarijuana.com/vape/puffit-portable-inhaler-vaporizer-review/
- Study: Cannabis Inhaler Delivers Effective Relief To Neuropathy Patients (news–2014) http://blog.norml.org/2014/08/18/study-cannabis-inhaler-delivers-effective-relief-to-neuropathy-patients/
- LaraPharm’s dry-powder inhaler delivers cannabis like a medicine (news–2015) http://www.greenprophet.com/2015/01/larapharms-dry-powder-inhaler-delivers-cannabis-like-a-medicine/
- This Company Thinks It’s High Time for a Medical Marijuana Inhaler (news–2016) https://www.yahoo.com/news/company-thinks-high-time-medical-192136567.html
- Weed inhalers may soon be available to folks who use medical marijuana (news–2016) https://www.yahoo.com/news/weed-inhalers-may-soon-available-013802302.html
- Israeli And American Companies Create Marijuana Inhaler For Sleep (news–2017) http://forward.com/fast-forward/366463/israeli-and-american-companies-create-marijuana-inhaler-for-sleep/
- A Guide to Cannabis Inhalers for Healthier Consuming in Colorado. (news – 2018)
- Cannabis inhalers may become the next asthma medication and cancer pain reliever.
(news – 2019) https://www.thegrowthop.com/cannabis-health/cannabis-inhalers-may-become-the-next-asthma-medication-and-cancer-pain-reliever