ROUTES OF ADMINISTRATION - SMOKING - INHALATION:
- Leaf411's Vaping Position Statement:
• Never purchase or inhale concentrates that contain additives such as Vitamin E acetate, polyethylene glycol (PEG), propylene glycol (PG), coconut oil, MCT oil, or any other emulsifiers or synthetic agents. Coconut and MCT oil are proven safe to eat but not safe to inhale.
• Vaporize product that is as close to nature as possible, e.g., organic raw flower or concentrates without additives including additional high concentrations of terpenoids (terpenes). The cannabis plant in nature contains approximately 5-10% max of terpenoids which is the maximum that should be added back in the concentrate if used. More than 10% of terpenoids as additives have not been tested for safe inhalation consumption.
• Ask your dispensary for a certificate of analysis (COA) on any product you wish to purchase to review the cannabinoid profile, pesticide testing, etc.
• Read all labels before purchasing and ask questions on ingredients listed.
• Ask your dispensary bud-tender to review the vape device materials of construction with you before purchasing, e.g., does the device have plastic near the heating element? Where was it manufactured? Is the plastic pharmaceutical grade? etc.
• Purchase cannabis products only through state-licensed cannabis retailers or licensed delivery services.
• Never purchase products sold through an illicit (black) market or from any non-licensed dispensary or delivery service. These products are likely not tested and can be easily counterfeited.
- Study: Smoking pot may ease chronic pain (news–2010) http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/08/30/health.pot.reduce.pain/
- Smoking marijuana not linked to obesity: study (news–2011) http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/09/us-marijuana-obesity-idUSTRE7886TT20110909
- Smoked Marijuana IS Medicine: Feds Still Distributing Rolled Joints (news–2011) http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2011/12/smoked_marijuana_is_medicine_feds_still_distributi.php
- Differences Between Smoking Cigarettes & Marijuana (news–2011) http://www.livestrong.com/article/125021-differences-between-smoking-cigarettes-/
- Pot smoking not tied to middle-age mental decline (news–2012) http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/04/us-drugs-idUSTRE8030AE20120104
- Cannabis and the Lung: No More Smoking Gun? (editorial–2013) http://www.atsjournals.org/doi/abs/10.1513/AnnalsATS.201302-034ED?url_ver=Z39.88-2003&rfr_idri:rid:crossref.org&rfr_dat=cr_pub%3dpubmed&
- Why Research is Right About Smoking vs. Eating Medicinal Marijuana (news–2013) http://www.wakingtimes.com/2013/05/15/why-research-is-right-about-smoking-vs-eating-medicinal-marijuana/
- Is Juicing Cannabis Better For Health Than Smoking It? (news–2013) http://www.wakingtimes.com/2013/01/02/is-juicing-cannabis-better-than-smoking-it/
- Science for stoners: What is marijuana “abuse?” (news–2013) http://www.salon.com/2013/10/26/science_for_stoners_what_is_marijuana_abuse/
- The Truth About Marijuana Smoke: A Smelly Study (news/ad–2013) http://www.airfilters.com/blog/the-truth-about-marijuana-smoke-a-smelly-study/
- Why growing numbers of pot smokers eat mango before lighting up (news–2014) http://www.salon.com/2014/07/11/why_growing_numbers_of_pot_smokers_eat_mango_before_lighting_up_partner/
- Study: Smoking Marijuana Does Not Raise Lung Cancer Risk (news–2015) http://cancer.about.com/od/smokingandcancer/f/marijuana.htm
- Mild-strength marijuana is the future of pot (news–2015) http://blog.sfgate.com/smellthetruth/2015/03/31/mild-strength-marijuana-is-the-future-of-pot/
- 10 Unique Rolling Papers You Don’t Know Exist (news–2015) http://maryjanesdiary.com/10-unique-rolling-papers-you-may-not-know-exist/
- College Kids Now Prefer ‘Funny’ Cigarettes (news–2015) http://nymag.com/thecut/2015/09/college-kids-now-prefer-funny-cigarettes.html
- 8 Tips To Hide The Smell Of Weed (news–2015) http://herb.co/2015/10/20/hide-the-smell-of-weed/?bt_alias=eyJ1c2VySWQiOiAiYTM4ZDI0ODctMzNmMC00NGRkLWEyOTYtNGI3ZjY1MDIyZDc3In0%3D
- Marijuana Shown to Be Less Damaging to Lungs Than Tobacco (news–2015) http://www.ucsf.edu/news/2012/01/11282/marijuana-shown-be-less-damaging-lungs-tobacco
- How to Roll a Joint Perfectly Every Time (news–2016) http://www.esquire.com/lifestyle/videos/a33452/how-to-roll-joint/
- Which Is Worse For You – Marijuana Smoke Or Tobacco Smoke? (news–2016) http://www.theweeklyweedonline.com/which-is-worse-for-you-marijuana-smoke-or-tobacco-smoke/
- Cutting the Weed: Joints Have Less Marijuana Than Thought (news–2016) https://www.yahoo.com/news/cutting-weed-joints-less-marijuana-thought-145254396.html?ref=gs
- Science Figures Out How Much Pot Is In a Joint (news–2016) http://cw33.com/2016/07/19/scientists-determine-how-much-pot-is-in-a-joint/
- Dear Stoner: What Is Thai Stick? + Should I stick with Zig-Zags? (news–2016) http://www.houstonpress.com/news/dear-stoner-what-is-thai-stick-8708166
- How to Smoke Weed: A Beginner’s Guide (news–2016) http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/news/a23424/beginners-guide-to-weed/
- Identifying Old or Bad Cannabis Past its Shelf Life (news–2016) https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/identifying-cannabis-past-shelf-life/
- Teens Now Associate ‘Smoking’ With Marijuana, Not Cigarettes (news–2016) http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/12/more-teens-smoke-marijuana-than-cigarettes-or-e-cigs.html
- The Shocking Differences Between Cannabis and Tobacco Smoke (news–2016) https://www.greenrushdaily.com/2016/01/10/differences-cannabis-tobacco-smoke/ How to
- Will I Get Higher If I Hold In My Hit Longer? (news–2016) https://www.greenrushdaily.com/2016/10/21/will-get-higher-hold-hit-longer/
- Finally: Researchers have figured out how much weed is in a typical joint (news–2016) https://www.weedweekly.com/finally-researchers-have-figured-out-how-much-weed-is-in-a-typical-joint/
- Why Do We Always Compare Smoking Weed to Drinking Alcohol? (news–2016) http://www.esquire.com/lifestyle/health/news/a47670/marijuana-cigarette-alcohol-use/
- The Early Bird Does Not Get the Legal Weed (news–2016) http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-23/the-early-bird-does-not-get-the-legal-weed
- Cannabis Microdosing (news–2016) https://www.marijuanatimes.org/cannabis-microdosing/
- Marijuana Enthusiasts Are Trading In Joints For Concentrates And Microdosing (news–2017) https://www.yahoo.com/news/marijuana-enthusiasts-trading-joints-concentrates-131002936.html
- Government marijuana looks nothing like the real stuff. See for yourself (news–2017) https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/03/13/government-marijuana-looks-nothing-like-the-real-stuff-see-for-yourself/?utm_term=.f02bc618f4e5
- O, Cannabis! How to Taste the Nuances of Marijuana Like a Pro (news–2017) http://valleyadvocate.com/2017/03/27/how-to-taste-marijuana-like-a-pro/
- Does Smoking More Weed Get You Higher, Or High For Longer? (news–2017) http://herb.co/2017/04/24/smoking-get-higher-high-longer/
- Is Vaping Safe? The Differences Between Vaping vs. Smoking Cannabis (news–2017) https://www.leafly.com/news/health/vaping-vs-smoking-marijuana-safety
- Is Smoking Weed While Pregnant Really So Bad? (news–2017) https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/gyy8pm/is-smoking-weed-while-pregnant-really-so-bad-v24n7
- Researchers identify main factors of home indoor air pollution: marijuana surprisingly plays a big role (news–2017) http://www.zmescience.com/ecology/home-air-pollution-study/
- Investigators warn of creative drug paraphernalia (news–2017) http://www.wdam.com/story/35466567/investigators-warn-of-creative-drug-paraphernalia
- The Sushi Blunt Will Make You Extremely Hungry (news–2017) https://www.civilized.life/articles/the-sushi-blunt-will-make-you-extremely-hungry/
- How to Entertain with Weed: An Etiquette Guide (news–2017) https://www.bonappetit.com/story/how-to-entertain-with-weed-edibles
- What Are Canna Cigars and How to Make One. (news – 2017)
- Why Do Edibles Give You A Different High Than Smoking? (news – 2018)
- Florida ban on smokable medical marijuana ruled unconstitutional. (news – 2018)
- Marijuana 101: Why You Shouldn’t Hold Your Hits For More Than 3 Seconds.
(news – 2018) https://thefreshtoast.com/cannabis/marijuana-101-why-you-shouldnt-hold-your-hits-for-more-than-3-seconds/
- Smoking Weed Every Day Helped Me Lose Over 100 Pounds — Here’s How (news – 2018) https://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Marijuana-Weight-Loss-44734871
- Does CBD Calm Essential Tremor? Researchers Are Looking Into It. (news – 2018)
- Characterizing Blunt Smokers by Their Acquisition of Cannabis. (news – 2018)
- More strongly linked to clogged arteries than cannabis. (news – 2018)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson Reminds Us Why Smoking Weed in Space Is a Bad Idea (news–2018) https://www.livescience.com/63603-neil-degrasse-tyson-weed-in-space.html
- Marijuana users weigh less, defying the munchies. (news/ abst – 2019)
- Study: Vaporization “More Efficient Method Of Delivery” Compared To Smoking (news-2019) https://norml.org/news/2019/01/24/study-vaporization-more-efficient-method-of-delivery-compared-to-smoking
- The Original Forrest Gump Smoked A LOT of Marijuana. (news – 2019)
- Ancient Chinese Death Rituals Involved Smoking Cannabis Specifically “To Get High” (news–2019) https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/cannabis-0012134
- Life Hacks: How To Salvage That Dried Out Marijuana. (news – 2019)