- LEAF411's Pregnant or Breastfeeding Position Statement:
- Leaf411 does NOT promote or suggest using any form of cannabis while pregnant or breastfeeding due to no concrete studies on either side as of yet unless recommended by a physician.
- Positive THC screens can lead to legal issues with Department of Child Protective Services, Obstetricians, hospital protocols, etc. so be aware.
- Leaf411 nurses will always guide callers to speak to their physician if contemplating use and guide callers to the Leaf411 Library for additional resources.
- Mortality within the first two years in infants exposed to opiate, cocaine or cannabinoid during gestation. (1997) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9200364
- Prenatal exposure to recreational drugs affects global motion perception in preschooler children (journal article-2015) https://www.nature.com/articles/srep16921
- What An Expectant Mother Eats Affects Children’s Psychology in Later Life (news–2011) http://nanopatentsandinnovations.blogspot.com/2011/01/what-expectant-mother-eats-affects.html
- Cannabis For Infant’s Brain Tumor, Doctor Calls Child “A Miracle Baby” (news-2012) http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/01/cannabis-for-infants-brai_n_2224898.html
- Strange Reason for Baby’s Positive Pot Test Found (news-2012) http://www.livescience.com/36461-baby-soaps-newborns-test-positive-pot.html
- Toronto family hopes for access to controversial treatment to cure baby’s rare epilepsy (news-2013) http://globalnews.ca/news/714104/toronto-family-hopes-for-access-to-controversial-treatment-to-curebabys-rare-epilepsy/
- Pity the Poor Stormtroopers: Baby Bou-Bou Ambushed Them (Updated, May 21) (news–2015) http://freedominourtime.blogspot.com/2015/05/pity-poor-stormtroopers-baby-bou-bou.html
- Combination of marijuana and tobacco in pregnancy may compound risks (news–2016) http://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-pregnancy-marijuana-tobacco-idUSKCN0YV2BN
- Marijuana Use During Pregnancy Does Not Increase Birth Risk, Study Finds (news–2016) http://www.ibtimes.com/marijuana-use-during-pregnancy-does-not-increase-birth-risk-study-finds-2413521
- Using Pot While Pregnant Not Tied to Birth Risks (news–2016) https://www.yahoo.com/news/using-pot-while-pregnant-not-tied-birth-risks-145926831.html
- Is It Safe to Use Cannabis During Pregnancy? (news–2016) https://www.marijuanatimes.org/is-it-safe-to-use-cannabis-during-pregnancy/
- For the First Time Ever, Cannabis Oil Will Be Used in a Hospital — To Save a 2-Month
Old Baby Girl (news–2016) http://thefreethoughtproject.com/2-month-old-baby-youngest-patient-receive-cannabis-treatment-hospital/#JYCuPGHHE4SiwfOu.99
- Even in legal weed states, parents who consume pot can still lose custody of their kids (news–2016) http://www.thecannifornian.com/cannabis-news/california-news/parents-facing-custody-issues-marijuana-see-hope-prop-64/
- Pot and pregnancy: Mom’s Choice or Child Safety? (news–2017) http://abc30.com/health/pot-and-pregnancy-moms-choice-or-child-safety/1898683/
- Is Smoking Weed While Pregnant Really So Bad? (news–2017) https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/gyy8pm/is-smoking-weed-while-pregnant-really-so-bad-v24n7
- Why More Women Are Smoking Weed While Pregnant (news–2017) https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/ypv497/why-more-women-are-smoking-weed-while-pregnant
- Cannabis and Breastfeeding. The Facts (news–2017) https://sapiensoup.com/cannabis-breastfeeding
- Minuscule Amounts of THC Found in Breast Milk – Is it Harmful? (news – 2018)
- Why I campaign for children like my son Alfie Dingley to be able to get medical cannabis (full–2019) https://www.bmj.com/content/365/bmj.l1921.long