METHODS OF USE - E-CIGARETTES - VAPE PENS:
- Leaf411's Vaping Position Statement:
• Never purchase or inhale concentrates that contain additives such as Vitamin E acetate, polyethylene glycol (PEG), propylene glycol (PG), coconut oil, MCT oil, or any other emulsifiers or synthetic agents. Coconut and MCT oil are proven safe to eat but not safe to inhale.
• Vaporize product that is as close to nature as possible, e.g., organic raw flower or concentrates without additives including additional high concentrations of terpenoids (terpenes). The cannabis plant in nature contains approximately 5-10% max of terpenoids which is the maximum that should be added back in the concentrate if used. More than 10% of terpenoids as additives have not been tested for safe inhalation consumption.
• Ask your dispensary for a certificate of analysis (COA) on any product you wish to purchase to review the cannabinoid profile, pesticide testing, etc.
• Read all labels before purchasing and ask questions on ingredients listed.
• Ask your dispensary bud-tender to review the vape device materials of construction with you before purchasing, e.g., does the device have plastic near the heating element? Where was it manufactured? Is the plastic pharmaceutical grade? etc.
• Purchase cannabis products only through state-licensed cannabis retailers or licensed delivery services.
• Never purchase products sold through an illicit (black) market or from any non-licensed dispensary or delivery service. These products are likely not tested and can be easily counterfeited.
- VAPE ILLNESS UPDATES AS OF 12/2019:
- Update: Demographic, Product, and Substance-Use Characteristics of Hospitalized Patients in a Nationwide Outbreak of E-cigarette, or Vaping, Product Use–Associated Lung Injuries — United States, December 2019: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/68/wr/mm6849e1.htm?s_cid=mm6849e1_w
- New Health and Safety Rules Specific to Vaporizers & Request to Immediately Cease the Manufacture and Sale of Vaporizers Containing Vitamin E Acetate: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dtvAYEZcYNMpZOjlcqFqtxfSzqf5GKJB/view
- Radicle Health's (Leaf411's official nurse training organization) vaping update: https://www.radiclehealthcare.com/post/vaping-outbreak-update
- Radicle Health's (Leaf411's official nurse training organization) vaping statement: https://www.radiclehealthcare.com/post/radicle-health-vaping-statement
- Did your state ban vaping? https://www.leafly.com/news/politics/did-your-state-ban-vaping-check-here-to-find-out?utm_source=SailThru&utm_medium=email_news&utm_campaign=Newsletters_10232019_Wed_TEST
- NCIA's vaping task force update: https://thecannabisindustry.org/update-from-ncias-safe-vapingtaskforce/utm_campaign=NCIA%20Content&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=78445696&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-_3s-Lg5M5gpkhjXTAosoT9YFvuS5YWR3H02MTt8NkC1EdArByF2adIEF2o2sNMXZ302MLWSfn6DWh15PsFrUmzNI0OA&_hsmi=78445696
- How mainstream media botched the vape lung story: https://www.leafly.com/news/politics/how-mainstream-media-botched-the-vape-lung-story?utm_source=SailThru&utm_medium=email_news&utm_campaign=Newsletters_10192019_Sat&utm_content=B&utm_term=%5BTWS%5D%20%26%20%5BMaster%20%2B%20Not%20Dormant%5D
- Hydrogen cyanide could be the missing link in the vaping illness: https://www.medicalcannabisbrief.com/edition/weekly-vaping-hydroponic-2019-09-28?open-article-id=11666132&article-title=hydrogen-cyanide-could-be-the-missing-link-in-vaping-illnesses&blog-domain=weedadvisor.com&blog-title=weedadvisor
- How to spot a fake vape cartridge: https://www.leafly.com/news/health/how-to-spot-a-fake-vape-cartridge
- Leafly's vape pen investigation: https://www.leafly.com/news/politics/vape-pen-injury-supply-chain-investigation-leafly
- 5 things you should know about vaping CBD: https://www.leafly.com/news/strains-products/vaping-cbd-facts?utm_source=SailThru&utm_medium=email_news&utm_campaign=Newsletters_11232019_Sat&utm_content=B&utm_term=%5BTWS%5D%20%26%20%5BMaster%20%2B%20Not%20Dormant%5D
- This anti-vaping bill bans everything but edibles indoors and outdoors: https://www.civilized.life/articles/this-anti-vaping-bill-bans-everything-but-edibles-indoors-and-outdoors/
- More People Using E-Cigarettes to Smoke Marijuana (news–2013) http://www.drugfree.org/join-together/more-people-using-e-cigarettes-to-smoke-marijuana/
- Vaporizers, e-cigs of the pot world, are booming (news–2014) http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2014/03/15/marijuana-vaporizing-gains/6042675/
- Teens smoking highly potent ‘dabs’ or ‘earwax’ with e-cigarettes (news–2014) http://www.kcra.com/news/teens-smoking-highly-potent-dabs-or-earwax-with-ecigarettes/24434310
- Vape pen reviews: 12 portable vaporizers that stand out (news–2014) http://www.thecannabist.co/2014/12/22/best-2014-vape-pen-reviews-portable-vaporizers/25747/
- Confirmation of the trials and tribulations of vaping (article–2015) http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/add.13155/full
- No Smoke, but Haze Around E-Joint (news–2015) http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/13/health/with-the-e-joint-the-smoke-clears-.html?_r=0
- Luxury Cannabis Is Officially Here (news–2017) http://www.harpersbazaar.com/fashion/trends/news/a21376/beboe-luxury-cannabis/
- Everything You Need To Know If You’re Buying A New Vaporizer (news -2017) http://herb.co/2017/01/20/buying-new-vaporizer/
- Vape pens: The highs and lows of weed vaporizers (news–2017) https://www.cnet.com/how-to/vape-pens-highs-and-lows-of-weed-vaporizers/
- We Tested Some of the Best Weed Vapes on the Market (news–2017) https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/ypxznb/we-tested-some-of-the-best-weed-vapes-on-the-market
- Rise of the terpenes: The next wave of weed innovation focuses on a little-known
compound (news–2018) https://mashable.com/article/weed-cannabis-terpenes/#N13jMuegGaq4
- How to Use CBD: Should You Inhale, Spray, Apply, or Eat It? (news – 2018)
- Creating Custom Terpene Profiles. (news – 2019)