MORNING SICKNESS - NAUSEA:
- LEAF411's Pregnancy or Breastfeeding Position Statement:
- Leaf411 does NOT promote or suggest using any form of cannabis while pregnant or breastfeeding due to no concrete studies on either side as of yet unless recommended by a physician.
- Positive THC screens can lead to legal issues with Department of Child Protective Services, Obstetricians, hospital protocols, etc. so be aware.
- Leaf411 nurses will always guide callers to speak to their physician if contemplating use and guide callers to the Leaf411 Library for additional resources.
- Effect of combined doses of Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol and cannabidiol or tetrahydrocannabinolic acid and cannabidiolic acid on acute nausea in male Sprague-Dawley rats: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00213-019-05428-4
- Why More Women Are Smoking Weed While Pregnant (news–2017) https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/ypv497/why-more-women-are-smoking-weed-while-pregnant
- Pot and pregnancy: Mom’s Choice or Child Safety? (news–2017) http://abc30.com/health/pot-and-pregnancy-moms-choice-or-child-safety/1898683/
- Pot and Pregnancy: Marijuana for morning sickness (news–2015) http://www.nbc-2.com/story/34149857/pot-and-pregnancy-marijuana-for-morning-sickness
- Medical Marijuana: Can Pot Help Pregnant Women With Vomiting and Nausea?
- Pregnant women turning to cannabis for morning sickness relief risk prosecution (news–2010) http://michigandispensaries.us/news/pregnant-women-turning-to-cannabis-for-morning-sickness-relief-risk-prosecution