PARENTING - PARENTS:
- Leaf411's Underage Position Statement:
- Leaf411 does not encourage, suggest or promote underage use (<21 years old).
- The Leaf411 nurse may discuss medical use if <21 years old caller has a MMJ card with a parent or legal guardian on the phone.
- The Leaf411 nurse may educate underage (<21 years old) callers that are non-MMJ card holders on reasons for prohibited use (illegal in all states, THC short term memory loss, no long term studies on either side yet, can become a use disorder, can cause legal issues with schools, college admissions, career path, job applications, etc.).
- The Leaf411 nurse may educate all callers (including <21 years old) on the current vape illness.
- The Leaf411 nurse may guide underage callers to the Leaf411's community support directory.
- Gene linked to cannabis abuse: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/06/190618104828.htm
- CANNABIS INSTEAD OF POLYPHARMACY? Could cannabis be the safer alternative prescribers and patients are looking for? (news 2019) https://www.projectcbd.org/medicine/cannabis-instead-polypharmacy?utm_source=Project%20CBD%20Mailing%20List&utm_campaign=16009440cf-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_11_18_03_47&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_ea5031784e-16009440cf-11562609
- Parenting on Pot (news–2019) https://elemental.medium.com/parenting-on-pot-8719b38640be
- CBD Lures Stressed-Out Parents Looking to Unwind (news–2019) https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/12/parenting/cbd-oil-safe.html
- Parents can do better to keep their pot away from children. (news – 2019)
- Study: Family TV Time Often Involves Marijuana. (news – 2018)
- US Court rules Mother’s Drug Use Is Not Abuse. (news – 2018)
- The Distinct Highs of Parenting While Stoned. (news – 2018)
- ‘Cannabis strengthened our bond’: can pot make you a better parent? (news – 2018)
- To save her daughter, this mom became a medical marijuana pioneer. (news – 2017)
- In Peru, mothers rouse support for legalizing medical marijuana. (news – 2017)
- Poll: Majority of marijuana smokers are parents, backed Clinton 2-1 (news–2017)
- Why pot-smoking declines — but doesn’t end — with parenthood. (news – 2017)
- Middle-aged parents more likely to smoke pot than their teens. (news – 2016)
- Father advocates for exemption to pot ordinance to treat son’s severe epilepsy (news-2016) https://www.theunion.com/news/local-news/father-advocates-for-exemption-to-pot-ordinance-to-treat-sons-severe-epilepsy/
- Utah mom in hiding, fears losing kids for treating daughter with cannabis oil.(news – 2016) https://archive.sltrib.com/article.php?id=3464396&itype=CMSID&fullpage=1
- Father Arrested for Using Cannabis Oil on Daughter With Stage 4 Neuroblastoma.
(news – 2016) https://realfarmacy.com/father-arrested-using-cannabis-oil-daughter-stage-4-neuroblastoma/
- Mom and dad make up 45% of medical marijuana patients. (news – 2016)
- Even in legal weed states, parents who consume pot can still lose custody of their kids (news–2016) http://www.thecannifornian.com/cannabis-news/california-news/parents-facing-custody-issues-marijuana-see-hope-prop-64/
- Doctored marijuana gives relief to boy whose parents found no other way to help him (news–2016) https://www.courant.com/health/hc-wapo-medial-marijuana-20170103-story.html
- Sweet Small Remedy: A Mother’s Bitter Fight to Save Her Child. (news – 2016)
- Utah mom with chronic pain hopes for change after being convicted of using marijuana (news–2015) https://archive.sltrib.com/article.php?id=3355596&itype=CMSID
- Parents plead for medical marijuana to be legalized. (news – 2014)
- Does medical marijuana equal bad parenting? (news – 2014)
- No conviction for man who uses medicinal marijuana to treat his sick daughter (news–2014) https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/no-conviction-for-man-who-uses-medicinal-marijuana-to-treat-his-sick-daughter/newsstory/4f247415c1e42e93bcb1d480589c854d
- Mother Investigated After Opting For Marijuana Over Chemotherapy (news–2013)
- ‘It’s the one medicine we have seen work’: Oregon parents use medical marijuana to help
severely autistic son. (news – 2013)
- The Kids Are All Right, Even if Their Parents Grow Pot (news–forum repost–2011) https://www.medicalmarijuana.com/the-kids-are-all-right-even-if-their-parents-grow-pot/
- Father: Medical marijuana eased pain of my cancer-battling son (news/forum repost–2011) https://www.420magazine.com/forums/pain/180536-father-medical-marijuana-eased-pain-my-cancer-battling-son-print.html
- Schneider: Lansing mom says son’s legal marijuana use unfairly stigmatized (anecdotal/news-2010) https://marijuanaevaluations.wordpress.com/2010/06/28/schneider-lansing-mom-says-sons-legal-marijuana-use-unfairly-stigmatized/
- Steamboat mom sees results from giving autistic son medical marijuana (news/anecdotal-2010)