- Lysergic acid diethylamide, commonly known as LSD (from German Lysergsäure-diethylamid) and known colloquially as acid, is a potent psychedelic drug. Effects typically include intensified thoughts, emotions, and sensory perception. At sufficiently high dosages LSD manifests primarily mental, visual, as well as auditory, hallucinations.
- The Curious Beginner’s Guide to Microdosing Psychedelics for Work, Relationships, and Happiness: https://betterhumans.pub/the-curious-beginners-guide-to-microdosing-for-work-relationships-and-happiness-7ceff261e9fb
- Ibogaine is a psychedelic substance found in the tabernanthe iboga shrub, family apocynanceae, bush located in Africa. Could be cardio and neurotoxic in certain doses and may help reduce addictions
- Continued conversation about cautions regarding long term risks of psychedelics #2:
- can be found in the leaves and bark of many plants: Psychotria viridis (leaves), Mimosa tenuiflora (tree bark), anadenanthera peregrina yopo (seeds), Acacia plants as well.
- The Serotonin Hallucinogen 5-MeO-DMT alters cortico-thalamic activity in freely moving mice: Regionally selective involvement of 5HT1a and 5HT2a receptors. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0028390817305889
Mescaline (legal in Colorado and Oregon)
- Mescaline, a hallucinogen, found in many cactus species of plants, specifically
- Peyote cactus, Lophophora Williamsii. However, deriving mescaline from a peyote cactus hold significance to indigenous peoples and is still considered illegal in Colorado. Mescaline from San Pedro, or Trichocereus pachinoi (Echinopsis pachinoi), however is legal in Colorado.
Fly Agaric Mushrooms (Amanita Muscaria)
- can be toxic if eaten raw
- works differently than traditional psilocybin psychedelics.
- Muscimol is active ingredient in this specific mushroom.
- unmistakable red and white spotted cap
- America's only doctor-reviewed magic mushroom; https://cannigma.com/psychedelics/americas-only-doctor-reviewed-magic-mushrooms/
Ketamine- a dissociative anesthetic/psychedelic