Q: What To Do If You Get Too High:
- Don't Panic
- No one has ever died from being too high
- You Cannot Overdose on Cannabis
- There are too few cannabinoid receptors in the brainstem, so a lethal dose does not exist according to the National Cancer Institute.
- What You Are Feeling is Normal for over consuming
Tips To Help You Feel Less High
- Drink Water or Lemonade (cold -Dr. Bonni Goldstein, Cannabis Revealed)
- Hydrating can combat dry mouth and draw attention away from anxiety
- Limonene/Lemons or chewing on rind -Dr. Dustin Sulak, healer.com
- Do NOT Drink Caffeine or Alcohol
- Sniff or Chew Black Peppercorns
- Black peppercorns help to combat anxiety and have a calming effect -Dr. Dustin Sulak, healer.com
- Try Alternate Nostril Breathing
- Draws attention to mindful breathing, calming the nervous system and lowering heart rate
- (Plug left nostril and breathe through right nostril filling lungs fully. Then plug both nostrils and hold breath for 5 seconds. After 5 seconds, release the left nostril and exhale fully. At the bottom of the exhale, hold again for five seconds. Repeat cycle for 5-10 minutes and notice a sense of relaxation)
- Try CBD
- Studies show a small amount CBD can counteract the cognitive effects of THC. Some state (Martha Montemayor, COSCC.org) that larger amounts of CBD can actually increase the THC affects so caution callers.
- Oral / Tincture (Hemp CBD or CBD isolate would be best since little to no THC)
- Inhalation for fastest acting if product is CBD only, no THC
- Talk It Out
- Call a trusted friend to sit with you while you transition from the high
- Cannabis Overdose: What Happens If You Consume Too Much? https://www.green-flower.com/articles/health/cannabis-overdose-what-happens-if-you-consume-too-much
Please sign in to leave a comment.