Q: What's the best way to store different forms of marijuana?
- Flower/bud: Store in a glass jar with a lid, and in a cool, dry place. Don't refrigerate; Temperature and humidity shifts could encourage mold. Don't freeze, either; it could make the tiny trichomes containing cannabis active ingredients to fall off.
- Flower/bud is the raw form of cannabis and contains THC-A which is the precursor to THC. Once THC-A is heated (intentionally or not) it will drop the Acid compound and become THC which is impairing and intoxicating. If you intend to consume THC-A (the raw form) for its medicinal benefits, you must be cautious not to expose it to any forms of heat.
- Gummies and other candies: Put in an airtight container in a cool, dark place. Follow label instructions — some brands suggest refrigerating.
- Baked goods: Wrap first in waxed paper or aluminum foil, then store in a container with a tight-fitting lid, in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Cartridges: Cannabis oil cartridges for vape pens should be stored in a cool, dry, dark place.
Tinctures: Place in a glass bottle in the refrigerator or freezer for long-term storage. For the short term: a cool, dry, dark place.
- In ALL cases, mark your cannabis products (Hemp & Marijuana) carefully and noticeably so unsuspecting adults don't mistake the item. And store in places that are out of reach for children, even if they are rarely in your home. It's best to use a storage system that has a safety lock for all your products.